Tuesday 14 February 2012

Peach Custard


Peach Custard


I am not a big fan of peach and neither are others in my family. Despite that I had bought a can of peach and have no idea what I was thinking. Well, I must have thought I will figure out a use for it later. Now that I am determined to use up the stuff in my pantry, I am lining up recipes for many of them. So out came the can of peach. I had bookmarked a rather simple dessert from Tarla Dalal’s website and found a good opportunity to try it. A tamil couple were visiting us and I knew they are not very fond of very sweet dishes. This dessert did not sound like a very sweet one as it seemed to rely on sweetness from peach (my kinda dish) so I thought I will have them taste test it. Their feedback was positive so that is why it is getting logged in the blog. A simple warm dessert that is easy to make…

1 can of peach
3 tablespoons custard powder
2 cups milk
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons brown sugar

Mix the custard powder and sugar with some milk to make a cream and heat the rest of the milk

Pour the mixed cream into the hot milk and bring to boil while stirring continuously. Boil it for atleast couple of minutes. The custard should be slightly thicker than buttermilk

Arrange the peaches in an oven proof dish

Pour the hot custard over the peaches and sprinkle some brown sugar on top

Bake in a preheated oven at 200degC for 15 minutes

Serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment