Monday 14 February 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies


Peanut Butter Cookies


My husband and I dislike peanut butter but we still bought a bottle of it hoping our wee one would have it so he gets some good fat and protein from it. Cannot blame him for not liking it, I guess few likes and dislikes just run in the genes. I hate to waste food so I was looking for a way to finish that bottle and came across a peanut butter cookie recipe in a book I borrowed from the library. I tried it last weekend but following the baking temperature and time specified in it was not a good idea probably because it varies from oven to oven. For the second batch I reduced the time and temperature and it came out good but did not have the generous chocolate chip topping as I did not want to waste them just incase the cookies were no good. I made them again this weekend and bingo, they came out good. They have a very interesting texture as they are neither very crispy like ordinary butter biscuit nor are they very chewy like few chocolate cookies. It falls in a happy medium texture and all at home liked it a lot. I adapted the recipe from the book…

¾ cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 generous tablespoons of peanut butter
1 egg
125 gm butter, softened (I cheated and used a wee bit lesser the second time I tried, around 100gm maybe)
½ cup brown sugar
Chocolate chip cookies, more or less according to your taste

Combine the sugar and butter well

Add baking powder, egg, peanut butter and flour and mix until combined

Add chocolate chip cookies and mix or just put them on top of the cookie before baking

Put teaspoonful of batter on a lined baking tray. Flatten them if you like it thinner. I used a biscuit cutter to help me maintain shape and more uniform thickness as it was easy to spread a teaspoonful of batter within the cutter. Ensure you leave about an inch and a half gap between each cookie

Bake at 180degC for 8 minutes or until the edges brown.

Enjoy with or without tea!

When I made it the second time, I was running out of all purpose flour so used ½ cup of it and added ¼ cup of whole wheat flour and results were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment