Saturday 22 January 2011

Egg Stuffed Rotis


Egg Stuffed Rotis


I mentioned sometime back that I am resorting to egg to help myself and my family recover from a number of things. It is said that increase in protein intake is particularly required after a cold attack. Rotis/chapattis being a regular on the menu for dinner I thought I should incorporate eggs one night. I had no time or energy for an egg curry and hence thought I will make a simple stuffed roti. This is quite a simple recipe and I must say that you will see a few varients of egg stuffed rotis or egg paranthas coming up on this blog. This is kind of stretching scrambled egg recipe and here is how I did it...

2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Chapatti dough
Cooking oil

Heat about a teaspoon oil in a skillet and fry the onions and green chillies. You can add some ginger garlic paste as well if you like. Also add required salt

Add the eggs to the cooked onions and add little bit more oil. Keep the flame low so the eggs get cooked. Keep stirring so the eggs scramble. Do so until eggs appear cooked



Take a lemon size dough and roll to make a roti. Spoon some scrambled egg to form a uniform thin layer. Make another roti and cover the egg with it and seal the edges


(sorry for the poor photo!)
Cook both sides on heated tava. I kept the flame slightly low as it would take a bit more time for two layers of roti to get cooked. Do not keep it too low as the rotis become hard.

Serve!

You could add more spices like coriander powder, garam masala etc. to the onions, before adding the eggs. The above quantity must be enough for 3-4 rotis.



No comments:

Post a Comment