Wednesday 22 December 2010

My Special Dedication

Here is an important lesson I learned moving to a western country and by act of God, I am forced to practise what I learned. When a person moves on from the mortal life, I have heard their relatives saying they would like to celebrate the deceased person’s life. Whether I like it or not, I need to bite the bullet as now is my turn to celebrate my dad’s life. My dad always thought of me as a brave girl and somehow thought it does not matter where I am or what situation I was in, I will always find my way and win. I promise I will be like that and get on with life. A number of values and principles he has taught me have been the foundation of my life and going forward I will teach them to my children as well. Of all the roles he played in his life, as a father, husband, son, brother, uncle, friend, etc. I think he was the best son any parent could ask for. One of the biggest learning for me from him was to take utmost care of one’s parents, no matter what. I am hoping to live like him in that way and impart that in my children as well as it is aligned with Hinduism as well. He may not be with me physically, but I will make him proud. Appa, I dedicate this post to you and thank you for bringing me up the way you did. For all the good deeds you have done, you will be with the Gods and not have to endure the sufferings of life again! Should God decide otherwise, I hope you will be my child so I can take great care of you!


Am sure whatever good writing skills (certainly meaning it in a humble way that too based on feedback received) I have, were from you so you will always be in everything I write.

May I thank all the readers for bearing with me during this difficult time and special thanks to all those who dropped a note to me and for your prayers. I would also like to thank my mom's friends and our neighbours back home for unfailingly supporting her during this very difficult period and would always be grateful to you. Time and again life shows that friends are forever and friend in need is a friend indeed.

1 comment:

  1. My deepest heart felt condolences..Shall surely include u and ur family in my prayer.

    ReplyDelete