Sunday 19 September 2010

Eggless Banana Pancake

Eggless Banana Pancake


When I started this block I thought it will be a space for Indian recipes. However, as I began to expand my culinary potential, I am beginning to try few typically western recipes. Most of the times it would be an Indian version of a western recipe. I do this quite a lot especially when it comes to my son’s food. Main reason is that I want him to be able to adapt to both food as long as they are healthy options. For sometime now, he has just not been interested in banana and am quite surprised by that because he used to love them and could survive just on bananas when he just started solids. Knowing banana is a very nutritious fruit and is quite important for a growing child, I had to be a bit cheeky and disguise it. Thus came the pancake. Usually pancakes have eggs, I did not put any egg as I first wanted to see how he likes it before I go on using up ingredients, would be terrible to waste them if he dislikes it. Anyway, turns out, he quite liked it. So, eggless banana pancake will be a regular for his snack or breakfast. Here is how I made it. It will yield 3 pancakes. Could not take many photos as I was making it very quickly.

¼ cup whole wheat flour and all purpose flour mixture
1 teaspoon sugar (you could even use just half teaspoon)
1 pinch baking powder
1 pinch salt
¾ of a big ripe banana or a full small ripe banana
3-4 tablespoon milk
Butter or ghee to cook the pancake

Mix the dry ingredients together

Mash the banana and add to the flour mixture and mix

Add milk to form a thick batter that just about flows


In a hot pan, add some batter to make a pancake about the size of your palm. Do not make them too thin. Add some ghee, butter and cook both sides



You could serve with apple sauce or maple syrup or just on its own.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious, i will give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete